To apply for a South African passport the following documents are required:
- Current/Previous SA Passport
- SA ID
- SA Immigration Permit / SA Certificate of Naturalisation (for citizens who were not born in RSA)
- € 40,00 cash, exact amount
- 3 colour photos (in accordance with international standards). Photo booth also available at the Embassy - 6 euros (coins only) for 6 photos.
To apply for an Emergency Travel Certificate:
- Motivation Letter (typed) and signed by applicant
- € 15,00 Cash
- 2 colour photos
- Date of travel
- SA Address
Please also find here form BI-529 (Determination of Citizenship) to be filled in with block letters and a black ink pen.
Public attendance for applications: Monday to Friday – 8:30 to 11:00 (public holidays excluded)
1) The Embassy does not provide photocopying, printing or fax services to applicants.
Applicants must therefore ensure that they produce photocopies / print-outs together with original personal documents and applications, e.g. passports, identity documents, certificates, etc.