To apply for a South African passport the following documents are required:
- Current/Previous SA Passport
- SA ID
- SA Immigration Permit / SA Certificate of Naturalisation (for citizens who were not born in RSA)
- € 40,00 cash, exact amount
- 3 colour photos (in accordance with international standards). Photo booth also available at the Embassy - 6 euros (coins only) for 6 photos.
Please note that all applications will be sent to the Department of Home Affairs in Pretoria for issuance. The average timeframe for processing of passports is 8 to 12 months.
To apply for an Emergency Travel Certificate:
- Motivation Letter (typed) and signed by applicant
- € 15,00 Cash
- 2 colour photos
- Date of travel
- SA Address
Please also find here form BI-529 (Determination of Citizenship) to be filled in with block letters and a black ink pen.
Kindly note that the Embassy telephone numbers and emails are back online.
The Embassy is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 08:00 to 15:00.
Consular hours are 09:00 to 12:00 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For emergencies only (no visa requests) please call 964 151 989
1) The Embassy does not provide photocopying, printing or fax services to applicants.
Applicants must therefore ensure that they produce photocopies / print-outs together with original personal documents and applications, e.g. passports, identity documents, certificates, etc.